|Engine Type||4 cylinders, DOHC 16-Valve|
|Bore x Stroke||3.40 x 3.50 in. (86 x 88 mm)|
|Displacement||124.7 cu.in. (2044 cc)|
|Shaft Length||25 in.|
|Trim Method||Power Trim and Tilt|
|Propshaft Horsepower||140 hp|
|Full Throttle Operating Range||5600-6200 rpm|
|Gear Ratio / Shift||2.59:1|
|Fuel Induction||Multi Point Sequential Electronic Fuel Injection|
If an engine with performance is an essential part of your boating life, then you need our combination of quality, reliability and choice. The Suzuki DF140A is light and compact while providing exceptional performance, easily giving this motor the best power-to-weight ratio in its class. An engine cover design features a large air induction port to provide maximum airflow and thus, maximum power. It's also the first 4-stroke to utilize an oil cooler, ensuring that all that horsepower is available under every condition. Added up, the DF140A provides heavy-duty performance and long-lasting durability in a lightweight package.
Go Lean, Clean and Green, Go Suzuki!
MAXIMISING FUEL ECONOMY AND PERFORMANCE
With the launch of the new generation DF140A, our engineers have delivered an outboards that offer great fuel economy without sacrificing on performance. This has been achieved by employing our advanced Lean Burn Fuel Control System.
With acceleration and manoeuvrability high on the list of priorities it is no surprise that the DF140A, with its excellent power to weight ratio, was one of the models selected for use at the London 2012 Olympic & Paralympic Games Sailing Regatta.
TRANSFERRING POWER INTO SPEED
Our in-line four cylinder outboards utilise aggressive gear ratios that enable these outboards to swing a larger prop. The combination of a large prop and lower gear ratio delivers plenty of torque, exhilarating acceleration and exciting top-end speed.
The DF140A include an O2 Sensor Feedback System that helps to keep emissions cleaner and more stable. In addition to this the DF140A also benefit from a knock sensor that detects and controls abnormal combustion allowing the engine to operate at optimum performance.
CLEANER, MORE EFFICIENT OPERATION
Suzuki utilizes a number of its advanced technologies to deliver cleaner, more efficient operation that conforms to the Recreational Craft Directive (RCD) - Directive 2003/44EC of the European Parliament and of the Council, and has received three-star ratings from the California Air Resources Board (CARB).
MAXIMIZING FUEL ECONOMY AND PERFORMANCE
Suzuki's Lean Burn Control Technology optimises the fuel-to-air mixture throughout the engine's operating range to help maximise performance and fuel economy.
- Multi Point Sequential Electronic Fuel Injection
- Suzuki Lean Burn Control System
- Two-Stage Gear Reduction System
- Offset Driveshaft
- Over-Rev. Limiter
- Low Oil Pressure Caution
- Fully Transistorized Ignition
- Timing Chain
- Fresh Water Flushing System
- Power Trim and Tilt
- Tilt Limit
- Speedometer Pickup of Gear Case
- Suzuki Anti-Corrosion System
- Recommended Transom Height (inches): L: 20
- Starting System: Electric
- Weight (lb.): L: 396
- Engine Type: DOHC 16-Valve
- Fuel Delivery System: Multi Point Sequential Electronic Fuel Injection
- Number of Cylinders: 4
- Piston Displacement inches (cc): 124.7 (2044)
- Bore x Stroke inches (mm): 3.40 x 3.50 (86 x 88)
- Maximum Output HP: 140
- Operating Range (rpm): 5600-6200
- Steering: Remote
- Oil Pan Capacity quarts (liter): 5.8 (5.5)
- Ignition System: Solid State Electronic Ignition
- Alternator: 12V 40A
- Trim Position: Power Trim and Tilt
- Gear Ratio: 2.59:1
- Standard Propeller: Optional See Dealer
- Propeller Selection: 15 - 26