|Engine Type||4 cylinders, DOHC 16-Valve|
|Bore x Stroke||3.00 x 3.30 in. (75 x 85 mm)|
|Displacement||91.7 cu.in. (1502 cc)|
|Shaft Length||25 in.|
|Trim Method||Power Trim and Tilt|
|Propshaft Horsepower||90 hp|
|Full Throttle Operating Range||5300 - 6300 rpm|
|Gear Ratio / Shift||2.59:1|
|Fuel Induction||Multi Point Sequential Electronic Fuel Injection|
|Steering||Remote (Tiller Kit Optional)|
Twelve years after starting the four stroke revolution with its award winning DF70 and DF60 outboards, Suzuki is reinventing the category again with the DF90A. The first of Suzuki's new generation four-strokes, the DF90A is a showcase of advancements and achievements - such as digital sequential electronic fuel injection, a powerful 2.59:1 final drive ratio, zero-maintenance self-adjusting time chain and don't forget the Suzuki Lean Burn Control System. New DF90A models also sport the optional Suzuki Troll Mode System.
Suzuki engineers are known for creating some of the most compact four-stroke outboards in their respective classes. With the DF90A they started with a clean slate, redesigning every part and component and incorporating the knowledge and technical advancements gained over the last ten years to create even lighter, more compact outboards.
All three outboards offer smoother shifting through the use of a newly designed transmission and shifting system engineered with greater precision to reduce play and noise. Using a shift sensor allows monitoring of shift action by the ECM which then controls ignition for more precise shifting.
Suzuki has used its offset driveshaft to create a compact design that offers better power performance, balance, and reduced vibration.
SUZUKI EASY START SYSTEM
With the Suzuki Easy Start system all you do is turn the key and release, the starter does the rest, staying engaged until the engine starts. The system also offers smoother and improved starts, more efficient combustion, and greater fuel economy.
NEWLY DESIGNED POWERHEAD
A newly designed powerhead reduces the size even further making the DF90A smaller than its predecessor and the most compact outboard in its class.
TRIM AND TILT LIMIT SYSTEM
The DF70A is equipped with a trim and tilt limit system designed to protect the boat from damage that can occur when tilting the outboard. The system incorporates a tilt angle sensor that functions as both a tilt limit and trim sender and uses a step-free, continuous type limiter that makes installation of the outboard possible on nearly any type of boat.
MAXIMIZING FUEL ECONOMY AND PERFORMANCE
Suzuki's Lean Burn Control Technology optimises the fuel-to-air mixture throughout the engine's operating range to help maximise performance and fuel economy.
- Multi Point Sequential Electronic Fuel Injection
- Suzuki Lean burn Control System
- Suzuki Troll Mode System
- Two-Stage Gear Reduction System
- Offset Driveshaft
- Direct Ignition
- Suzuki Easy Start System
- Over-Rev. Limiter
- Low Oil Pressure Caution
- Fully Transistorized Ignition
- Timing Chain
- Fresh Water Flushing System
- Power Trim and Tilt
- Tilt Limit
- Streamlined Gear Case
- Speedometer Pickup of Gear Case
- Suzuki Anti-Corrosion System
- Recommended Transom Height (inches): X: 25
- Starting System: Electric
- Weight (lb.): X: 353
- Engine Type: DOHC 16-Valve
- Fuel Delivery System: Multi Point Sequential Electronic Fuel Injection
- Number of Cylinders: 4
- Piston Displacement inches (cc): 91.7 (1502)
- Bore x Stroke inches (mm): 3.00 x 3.30 (75 x 85)
- Maximum Output HP: 90
- Operating Range (rpm): 5300 - 6300
- Steering: Remote (Tiller Kit Optional)
- Oil Pan Capacity quarts (liter): 4.2 (4.0)
- Ignition System: Solid State Direct Ignition
- Alternator: 12V 27A
- Trim Position: Power Trim and Tilt
- Gear Ratio: 2.59:1
- Standard Propeller: Optional See Dealer
- Propeller Selection: 13 - 25